Monday, December 30, 2013

Surly CynicAle Review



Name: Surly CynicAle
Style: Saison
ABV: 6.5%

I'm finally making amends with myself by reviewing some of Surly Brewing's lineup which I have been putting off for a while. Tonight we're having a beer from Surly and it's their CynicAle, which is their Saison-Style beer.

This beer is one of the first Belgian/Farmhouse-Style beers that I ever had when a couple years back a friend of mine recommended it to me while I was still reluctant to give Furious a second go. Like Surly Furious, I had never gotten the chance to really sit down and review it as I've had it on tap almost every time that I have it; That is until today!

CynicAle pours a reasonably clear golden color with some visible moderate carbonaion. The head is somewhat fluffy in appearance and the lacing left behind is fairly abundant.

The aroma has a strong yeasty scent to it and some cracked peppers to go along with it. There are also some cloves, floral hops and barley notes in here as well.

The flavor is also pretty yeasty with notes of pepper, mild floral/resin hops, cloves and barley. Pretty much the same as the nose but with more of a hoppy taste. The body is fairly light in weight with some moderate carbonation to boot, which gives it an overall crisp palate.

Being that this is the first Saison that I ever had, it's stood up pretty well since I first had it. It's got a great taste yet it's approachable enough for any newcomers to the style. Overall, you really can't go wrong with this beer.

Surly CynicAle - 8.5/10


2 comments:

  1. Grafisch Ontwerpers Reclamebureau Nexoz gebruikt verschillende methoden om werken te maken, die allemaal lid zijn van de Nederlandse Vereniging van Grafisch Ontwerpers.

    Wij mensen houden van schoonheid en orde. Een aantrekkelijke website met unieke graphics heeft een enorme impact op uw publiek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. بسیار لذت بردیم. و مطالبتون مثل همیشه فوق العاده است.

    آژانس مارکتینگ آرکا گروهی متشکل از افراد متخصص می باشد که با به کارگیری دانش بازاریابی دیجیتال و تمرکز بر روی تولید محتوای دیجیتال,مسیر رشد کسب وکار شما را به بهترین شکل طراحی می کند.

    ReplyDelete