Thursday, August 22, 2019

Central Waters Mimosa Review


Name: Central Waters Mimosa
Style: Brut IPA/Pilsner
ABV: 6.1%
IBUs: 35

One of the newest trends to pop up in my absence is the rise of the Brut Beers, modeled to have a taste reminiscent of champagne. I've had a few of these beers, mostly in the form of an IPA or Bock, and my experience with them has actually been fairly positive.

Which brings us to Mimosa from Central Waters Brewing. According to the label they took a Brut Pilsner, blended it with a Hazy IPA and added tangerines during the brewing process. It's an interesting idea to say the least.

Appearance - Cloudy dark yellow color with a soapy head and little in terms of lacing.

Aroma - Orange peel and citrus hops dominate most of the palate. I am picking up on some pale malts along with a hint of white grapes

Taste - Mild citrus hops and light orange peel on the front and middle of the palate with a lingering pale saltiness throughout. The back end of the palate has a slight bitterness to it but is otherwise quite dry.

I like the concept behind this beer & there's nothing offensive about the flavor. However the flavors don't mesh together that well and I feel that the citrus aspect just isn't profound enough; Plus I feel the Pilsner/IPA balance isn't where it should be at to give it a more vibrant flavor. Overall, I can't say I'm a fan of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment