Thursday, March 26, 2020

Blacklist CraHAZY Review


Name: Blacklist CraHAZY
Style: Imperial IPA (Hazy/NE Style)
ABV: 8%
IBUs: 27

Well, it’s been a fairly interesting past couple of weeks for myself given the current events and everything happening at work because of it. However, the dust is settled and we’re not here to talk about that. Instead, I’m going to get back to doing what I love: writing about beer.

Today I’ve got a beer from Blacklist Brewing in the form of their CraHAZY, a hazy IPA infused with cranberries. I actually recall having this last summer during a visit to Duluth and was quite pleased with it. However, since I wouldn’t start writing about craft beer for about three weeks at that time, I was never able to give this one a proper review. With that said, let’s take a look at this one.

Appearance – Pours a hazy dark orange color with a semi soapy head that is about a two finger width. The lacing left behind, however, is quite plentiful.

Aroma – Strong caramel & toffee malts with some nice citrus hoppiness and fairly light cranberry fruitness.

Taste – Strong toffee and caramel malts dominate most of the flavor with some moderate citrus hoppiness in the middle. The back end of the palate is where the cranberry sweetness really shines and, paired with the strong caramel and toffee malt backbone, gives it a very nice finish.

I’d honestly classify this as an English-style IPA based on how malty this beer is but it doesn’t change how much I enjoyed this. As far as I’m concerned, Blacklist knocked it out of the park yet again with this. This is definitely worth having should the opportunity present itself.

Blacklist CraHAZY – 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment