Monday, April 6, 2020

Bent Paddle Classic Review


Name: Bent Paddle Classic
Style: Cream Ale
ABV: 5%
IBUs: 18

Wow, if my notes are correct, it’s been over three years since I’ve reviewed any offerings from Bent Paddle. In fact, a lot has changed at Bent Paddle since I last spoke of them here. They’ve moved their taproom a block away to a more spacious location and they’ve released a TON of new offerings that I promise that I will cover one day.

For the time being, I give to you their newest offering: Classic. Yes that is the name of the beer. Described as a “straight forward” and “easy going” beer, it’s a beer made for the crowd that just wants a “beer that tastes like beer,” hence the name.

Appearance – Clear straw yellow color with a lot of visible carbonation. The head takes on a white foamy look and the lacing left behind is plentiful.

Aroma – Lots of barley & pale malts in here with some mild earthiness and light floral hoppiness.

Taste – Pale malts and light floral hops upfront with some barley flavors in the middle. On the back of the palate is where I’m getting some light bitterness and more of that barley. Aside from that, the aftertaste is quite dry.

In an age of Hazy IPAs and complex tasting beers, sometimes having a beer that doesn’t require you to mull over its flavor is just what you need. Plus it helps that it’s a good tasting beer to boot! In short, I like this and if you’re looking for a beer that you can sit back and relax with, than this is the beer for you!

Bent Paddle Classic – 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment