Sunday, February 19, 2017

Major Announcement & New Venture

A couple weeks back, I posted an article about how beer writers can avoid burnout and that still holds true. However in light of recent developments & events in my life, there's going to be some changes made to how I run this blog as well as the future of this website as a whole. Before I continue, I wanted to let everyone know that I will not stop writing about beer but with everything that has been going on in my life, I have decided that change is needed.

The first is that I will not be posting as many reviews as I normally do and there are a couple reasons for this:

1) With my graduate school schedule and coursework going the way they are right now, I need to prioritize and anything related to school is always going to come first. Plus I'm in the planning stages as to what I'm going to do come August when I graduate from a career standpoint,

2) From a health standpoint, I've gained a bit weight and I'm at a point where I can't say that I'm happy with where I'm at. Since I've got a couple vacations coming up, I want to work on what the kids call a "Beach Bod" and just getting in better shape in general.

The last reason, however, is an idea that I've been kicking around for the past six months, and since I won't be dedicating as much time to this blog (due mainly to the above two reasons), I have decided that I want to focus some of my energy into this idea.

The thing is I really enjoy writing and one of my other passions is getting out and exploring, which is why I am excited to announce that I will be starting up a new blog dedicated to travel. My intent is to focus on destinations that are both local and far. The idea would be to start small (local) before branching out to more elaborate ventures like California, Germany, Italy, etc.

As for the future of this blog, I will be doing beer reviews but nowhere near as many as I post right now. I also want to put a greater focus on visiting taprooms since I've gotten a ton of feedback regarding those posts. These changes will be immediate.

For the travel blog, I'm still working on a name, a format as to how I want to present content, and of course, hosting. I will post more details as I move forward with it.

As always, thank you for reading your continued support.

Cheers!

- Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment