Monday, April 8, 2013

Brooklyn Irish Stout Review


Name: Brooklyn Irish Stout
Style: Dry Stout
ABV: 4.7%

Even though St. Patrick's Day has come and gone, I do enjoy my Irish Dry Stouts! I'll go on the record and say that I love Guinness Extra Stout, I think that despite being mass-produced that it still holds up in terms of quality. I am a bit biased when I say that I use it as a benchmark for any Dry Irish Stout. Since I am a huge fan of Brooklyn Brewery, I decided to snag a bottle of their Dry Irish Stout.

The beer pours a pitch black color with a pretty filmy brown head. I see a tiny bit of red on the bottom of the glass if I hold it up to the light.

The nose has a nice mixture of roasted malts, coffee and chocolate. It doesn't assault or overwhelm the senses but it is pleasant. Likewise, the flavor is pretty much the same as the smell with the exception of some grassy notes on the back of the palate.

The body is pretty lightweight and the carbonation has a slight kick to it; So it comes off as somewhat crisp.

While it isn't as vibrant as Guinness Stout, to it's credit, it comes off as a simpler version of a Dry Irish
Stout. For what it is, it's still pretty good

Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout - 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment