Sunday, June 14, 2020

Humble Forager Gypsy Outpost Review


Name: Humble Forager Gypsy Outpost
Style: Imperial Porter
ABV: 12%
IBUs: N/A

I managed to score another offering from Humble Forager in the form of their Gypsy Outpost Imperial Porter. Described as a Samoa Cookie Pastry Porter, this beer is made with vanilla beans, cocoa nibs, toasted coconut and cinnamon. I’ve had a couple of pastry beers before and while they were good, they’ve always struck me as being a bit on the sweet side, even by my standards, so let’s see how this one is.

Appearance – Pitch Black with no visible carbonation rising up from the bottom. The head itself is quite thin with a dark brown appearance to it and it fades after a couple moments and there’s no lacing to speak of left behind.

Aroma – Strong roasted barley upfront followed by chocolate malts with a light touch of vanilla & cinnamon.

Taste – On the flipside, the flavor is fairly chocolate malt forward with some moderate roasted barley notes following thereafter. On the back of the palate, I’m getting a nice mesh of vanilla & light coconut paired with the roastiness of the flavor. In the aftertaste, I’m getting more of that chocolate maltiness with a light hint of bitter hops and a touch of cinnamon spiciness.

This beer is a nice mixture of sweet, bitter and roastiness and, in my opinion, keeps things in check without one aspect overpowering than the other, so this one is a keeper for me. If you see this, I highly recommend you check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone, it’s my first visit at this web site, and piece of writing is really fruitful for me,Quality content is the key to invite the users to go to see the site, that’s what this website is providing. Keep up posting these articles or reviews. You can also visit Craft Beer Montmorencyfor more related information and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete