Monday, June 30, 2014

The Duck-Rabbit Hoppy Bunny ABA



Name: The Duck-Rabbit Hoppy Bunny ABA
Style: American Black Ale
ABV: 7.3%

It's time to look at the final beer in the beer mail trade I did a couple weeks back. This is from The Duck-Rabbit Brewery based out of Farmville, North Carolina and they're a brewery which I've never had before. The beer in question is their Hoppy Bunny American Black Ale. The only other North Carolina-based brewery that I've had is Highland Brewery and that was from a beer trade I did a couple years back

Hoppy Bunny pours an opaque black color with a foamy brown head. The lacing left behind is also very abundant.

The aroma is quite roasted malt forward with some roasted barley, chocolate, cocoa, coffee with some mild hoppiness thrown in for good measure.

The flavor is a bit more balanced with some roasted barley, chocolate malts, mild floral hops and even a touch of yeastiness on the back on the palate

The Body is light and the carbonation is fairly light as well. As such, this is fairly easy to drink.

Hoppy Bunny isn't anywhere near as hoppy as the name implies and it doesn't do anything that I haven't already seen in a black ale before. With that said, it's still a pretty solid beer that I would have again if I were given the opportunity.

The Duck-Rabbit Hoppy Bunny ABA - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment