Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sierra Nevada Beer Camp 2014 Review - Part 3



Well, it's finally time to end the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Series for 2014. I have to say this was a very fun 12 pack filled with different types of beers from all across the country. However like they always say: all good things must come to an end.



Yvan The Great Belgian-Style Blonde (6.3% ABV) - Brewed in collaboration with Russian River Brewing Company. The flavor starts out with a solid Belgian yeast flavor before ending with a pale malt sweetness and some floral hoppiness. I've had some Belgian-style blonde ales before and this is one of the better ones I've had.

Verdict 8.5/10




Double Latte Coffee Milk Stout (7.6% ABV) - Brewed in collaboration with Ninkasi Brewing Company. This beer has a very strong coffee and milk chocolate start with a solid roasted barley profile and a strong lactose and bitter hop finish. Coffee beers have always been a hit-or-miss for me but I found this one to be pretty good and lactose finish really helps smooth things out.

Verdict - 8/10


*Sorry no picture here!*

Myron's Walk Belgian Style Pale Ale (5.3% ABV) - Brewed in collaboration with Allagash Brewing Company. The flavor has a very sweet citrus and floral hop start with some coriander notes that come from the coriander used in the brewing process. The finish is more Belgian yeast forward than anything else but is accented with a very nice floral hoppiness thrown in for good measure. It's a solid Belgian Pale Ale and the coriander used here really livens things up.

Verdict - 8.5/10



CANFusion Rye Bock (7.2% ABV) - Brewed in collaboration with Oskar Blues Brewery. A bock beer brewed with rye; I'll admit I was a bit skeptical but I found out it works very well! It starts out very malty with some caramel malt sweetness but then you're treated to a very robust citrus hop and rye spiciness. The best part is that the rye profile isn't too overwhelming and is balanced out quite nicely. If Oskar Blues or Sierra Nevada were to make this on a regular basis, I would definitely make this a regular purchase.

Verdict - 9.25/10

I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts about these beers as I have enjoyed drinking. I'm hoping Sierra Nevada does something like this next year because some of these were definitely interesting collaborations. 

Thank you all for reading, I will be posting again here hopefully by next week sometime, if not, the following week. Now I'm off to get married!

Cheers!

- Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment