Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Aecht Schlenkerla Helles Lagerbier Review



Name: Aecht Schlenkerla Helles Lagerbier
Style: Munich Helles
ABV: 4.3%

It's been a long while since I've taken a look at anything from Schlenkerla, which is a brewery based out of Germany. In fact, the last time I had anything from them was when I had their Rauchbier during the infancy stages of this blog. Now I've been given the opportunity to review another beer from this brewery, which so happens to be their Helles Lagerbier.

Before I start this beer, I want to throw out that I haven't been reviewing as many imported craft beer as I would like. Hopefully from this point forward, I can make reviewing them more of a priority.

The beer hazy yellow color with a high amount of visible carbonation. The head is very thin white color with no visible lacing.

The aroma has some strong smoked malts and light roastiness, followed by some yeastiness, pale malts and a light floral hoppiness. Just like their Rauchbier, it smells like a bonfire.

The flavor is quite smoky with some smoked & pale malts, lager yeasts, floral hops and a very light roastiness. The aftertaste is surprisingly dry with just a light smokiness.

The body is pretty light in terms of weight and the carbonation is just a couple notches above what I would consider to be mild, but at the same time, it's not moderate either.

Like the Rauchbier before it, Helles Lagerbier shows to be a great tasting beer that, to an extent, treads some familiar territory with the flavor. Regardless, anyone who wants an authentic German beer will no doubt find something to love about this.

Aecht Schlenkerla Helles Lagerbier - 8.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment