Friday, September 25, 2015

Indeed Let it Roll Review



Name: Indeed Let it Roll
Style: India Pale Ale
ABV: 6.2%
IBUs: 86

A new offering from Indeed Brewing? Don't mind if I do! Today I've got their Let it Roll IPA which, to my understanding, is their fall seasonal IPA. This past summer they had another IPA by the name of Let it Ride, so this leads me to believe that this is a fall seasonal. As to why it's called Let it Roll, I'm guessing it was simply a matter of convenience. Now all I'm waiting for is the inevitable release of Let it Relax Session IPA (That's a joke.)

Appearance - Very hazy dark amber color with no visible carbonation. The head is nice & foamy with some lacing that is on the spottier side.

Aroma - Rich citrus & mango notes upfront followed by some mildly pungent grapefruitness. I'm also getting some nice toffee & caramel maltiness with just a hint of yeastiness. Needless to say, I love the way this smells!

Taste - Pretty similar to the nose. You've got the rich citra hop and mango sweetness upfront and some grapefruit notes but there is a surprisingly strong bitter (not piney) hoppiness that jumps out of nowhere at the end of the palate along with some light yeastiness. There is also an encompassing toffee maltiness that shows up in the back of the palate and aftertaste, mainly to help balance out the bitter hoppiness.

At first, I wasn't a huge fan of the surprise bitter hoppiness at the end, but as I kept drinking this, it actually grew on me. As far as everything else is concerned, I love this beer. It's nice, rich and quite tasty. If this is truly a fall seasonal, than this could definitely be one of my favorites.

Indeed Let it Roll - 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment