Monday, November 16, 2015

Boulevard Collaboration No. 5 Tropical Pale Ale Review



Name: Boulevard Collaboration No. 5 Tropical Pale Ale
Style: American Pale Ale
ABV: 7.2%
IBUs: 50

Boulevard Brewing recently released the fifth iteration of their Collaboration Series. This time, they have made a beer with Cigar City Brewing based out of Tampa, FL. Keeping in spirit with the latter brewery being in a sub-tropical environment, they have released a beer that has been described as a Tropical Pale Ale. Since this is my first time looking at any of Boulevard's Collaboration beers, I'm very curious to see how it turns out.

Appearance - Fairly hazy orange color with a high amount of visible carbonation. The head is quite thin in appearance but there is some mild lacing along the sides of the glass.

Aroma - Mango, tangerine & pineapple sweetness upfront. I'm also getting some grapefruit notes in the middle with a nice toffee maltiness. It's a very fruity smelling beer to say the least.

Taste - Very Fruity. Mango, tangerine & pineapple sweetness. I'm also getting some moderate toffee maltiness with some grapefruits and some mild yeastiness. It's not overly hoppy but just really fruity tasting.

In the end it comes off as a bit too sweet for my liking. I mean the tropical fruitiness of the overall flavor is  here but I feel there is a bit too much of it going on here. Still for all intents in purposes, it's certainly worth a look for those even remotely interested in if you're looking for something overly sweet. As for me, it's not my cup of tea.

Boulevard Collaboration No. 5 Tropical Pale Ale - 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment