Sunday, May 8, 2016

Boulevard Ginger Lemon Radler Review



Name: Boulevard Ginger Lemon Radler
Style: Radler
ABV: 4.1%
IBUs: 12

A couple days ago, the unthinkable happened: Minnesota was the hottest place in the United States (more specifically Two Harbors.) This meant two things: Spring was most certainly here and that hell pretty much froze over. Since we're half way to summer, I figured now was a good time to stack up on more spring beers.

It's been a while since I looked at any offerings from Boulevard so when I saw this the other day, I thought I should give it a go. I give to you Ginger Lemon Radler. It's a fairly new addition to their lineup having been introduced last year but I never got around to having it until now.

Appearance - Hazy dark yellow color with a high amount of visible carbonation. There isn't really much of head to speak of save the first few moment after the initial pour and there's no lacing here either

Aroma - Moderate ginger scent with some lemon juice, malted wheat and pale malt notes.

Taste - Much like the nose, you've got some moderate ginger notes followed by some lemon, malted wheat and mild pale maltiness. The aftertaste itself is quite dry though it's worth noting that the ginger itself provides a very nice kick.

You know, maybe it's just me but I'm really starting to appreciate these lighter beers after dealing with the heavy weights these past few months. As for this beer, it's nice, simple & crisp and like I said before, the ginger gives this beer a very nice kick without being overpowering

Boulevard Ginger Lemon Radler - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment