Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Able Seedhouse + Brewery Supergiant Review



Name: Able Seedhouse + Brewery Supergiant
Style: Blonde Ale
ABV: 5.2%
IBUs: 18

On a recent trip to Zipp's in South Minneapolis, I was looking for some beers that aren't readily available in the suburbs when I noticed a new Minnesota-based brewery has just started canning their beers, and they go by the name Able Seedhouse & Brewery. As you may have guessed from the name, they make both ciders and beer, though I haven't seen their ciders available yet on the retail side.

For this review, we have their Supergiant Blonde Ale. Why the name? I'm not sure but I do know that Supergiant is a classification of star sizes, which I know courtesy of my 8th grade year astronomy class. I'd say it's probably a big Blonde Ale, but at 5.1% ABV, I hardly think that this classifies as a big beer.

Appearance - Fairly clear yellow color with a high amount of visible carbonation. The head is pretty foamy and there's a good amount of lacing left behind.

Aroma - Floral hops and pale malts with some light yeasts and maybe just a touch of pilsner-earthiness.

Taste - Floral and bitter hops mixed in with pale malts and yeasts. The back end of the flavor consists mainly of bitter hops and some more pale malts and it lingers for a few moments afterward.

It's a blonde ale and it doesn't do anything I'd consider to be new but it's nice, crisp and drinkable. If you're looking for something that goes down easy after a long day at work, Supergiant is the beer for you.

Able Seedhouse + Brewery Supergiant - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment