Thursday, March 23, 2017

Fair State Pils Review



Name: Fair State Pils
Style: Pilsner
ABV: 4.9%
IBUs: 40

Your eyes do not deceive you; I have, in fact, returned. No, it's not because my new venture isn't working out, which it totally is! It's actually because I got some new beers to try out. I'll be looking at a couple beers from Fair State Co-Op, who were nice enough to donate some samples to try out as part of their new release series. Besides, I did say I would leave the keys in the ignition, didn't I?

The first beer I'll be looking at is their Pilsner, which is simply called Pils, which is a SMaSH (Single Malt & Single Hop). It's a new canned release from the brewery and it is one that I haven't had yet. Since spring has officially just begun, 'tis the season for lighter beers.

Appearance - Pale yellow color with a high amount of visible carbonation. The head is fairly foamy and there's a decent amount of lacing retention along the sides of the glass.

Aroma - I'm getting some pilsner malts and some bitter hoppiness. I'm also getting some lager yeasts as well.

Taste - Getting some mild bitter hops upfront with some pilsner malts and lager yeasts in the middle and back of the palate. The aftertaste is pretty dry save for some mild yeasts.

It's got a nice, crisp flavor and a great way to kick off the spring season. As far as Pilsners are concerned, this is pretty good! If you so happen to see this in stores, this one is definitely worth checking out

Fair State Pils - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment