Thursday, May 7, 2020

Humble Forager Elevated Perspective Review



Name: Humble Forager Elevated Perspective
Style: Imperial IPA (Hazy/NE Style)
ABV: 8%
IBUs: N/A

So there’s a fairly popular brewpub based in Rochester, MN called Forager Brewing and they have a massive following, with people traveling far and wide just to grab their beers. Well, Forager wanted to distribute their beer but current Minnesota State Laws prohibit brewpubs from distributing (for now.) So the people at Forager decided to contract brew their beer at Octopi Brewing in Waunakee, WI to help circumvent this strange law that we have in place here in Minnesota.

Now at some point, once things like diseases and murder hornets give up their vendetta against the human race, I intend to visit the original Forager brewpub in Rochester because has been on my to-do list since before this whole fiasco started. With all that said, I managed to snag something from Humble Forager at one of my local haunts. I give to you their Elevated Perspective, an Imperial Hazy IPA made with Vic Secret, Sultana & Galaxy hops. I’m eager to see what this beer is like, given the hype surrounding Forager, so let’s take a look at this.

Appearance – Hazy orange color with a mild amount of visible carbonation rising from the bottom. The head starts foamy but manages to maintain a thin retention throughout and the lacing left behind is on the spottier side.

Aroma – The nose starts off with a nice orange peel and kiwi sweetness with just a touch of mango that follows afterwards, all of which is encompassed by a solid pale maltiness.

Taste – Upfront, I’m picking up on some vibrant mango and kiwi notes, while the back gives way to a nice pineapple fruitiness and pale malt backbone. In the aftertaste, it’s a mixture of light orange peel and mild bitter hoppiness.

I can definitely see why people are fans of Forager. While I still can’t yet compare the flavor to that of the original Rochester location, if this beer is any indication, then I can’t wait to visit the source once the world stops trying to kill us all. Until then, I’ll keep my eyes peeled for more offerings from Humble Forager!

Humble Forager Elevated Perspective – 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment