Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Bell's Hopsolution Review




Name: Bell's Hopsolution
Style: Imperial IPA
ABV: 8%
IBUs: 70

Before I want to start this review, I just wanted to thank everyone who has provided me with feedback especially in regards to my thoughts about the beers I review. Since you all think that I haven't reviewed enough IPAs as of late, I decided to start including them more regularly in my posts in the immediate future.

Which brings us today's beer from Bell's Brewery called Hopsolution, an Imperial IPA, which to my understanding is actually a fairly recent addition to their lineup. It isn't clear as to whether or not this is a seasonal aside from Beer Advocate calling to a Rotating Seasonal. Either way, it's my first time seeing this beer so let's give it a go.

Appearance - Mildy hazy dark orange color with a light amount of carbonation. The head is rather thin but has some good retention, plus the lacing left behind is quite abundant.

Aroma - Rich citrus hop & mango notes right away backed up by some moderate caramel malts and light apricot sweetness

Taste - Robust mango, tangerine & apricot notes upfront that linger throughout while there's a slight bitter hoppiness that comes out in the middle along with that caramel malt backbone. In the back is where that caramel malt backbone continues to linger along with the fruitness from the front. The aftertaste is mainly more of that tangerine & mango sweetness with just a light hint of bitter hops to help balance it out. It's also worth noting there's a bit of heat in the flavor too; Surprising considering that this is only 8% ABV.

Although this is on the lower end of the Imperial IPA spectrum, this is a fantastic and robust tasting beer & is without a doubt the best IPA I've had from Bell's yet. If you're looking for an excellent IPA, then Hopsolution is absolutely worth trying out.

Bell's Hopsolution - 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment