Friday, January 1, 2016

Evil Twin Christmas Eve at a New York City Hotel Room Review



Name: Evil Twin Christmas Eve at a New York City Hotel Room
Style: Imperial Stout
ABV: 10%
IBUs: N/A

Happy New Year to all my readers out there. From Atlanta, GA to New Hartford, CT; From Dallas, TX to Tower, MN. I hope you all had a great time and that you all didn't do something you will probably regret later on in life. In any case, let's get around to a beer that I was going to originally review yesterday but due to time constraints on my end, I was unable to get near a computer yesterday.

I've reviewed quite a few beers from Evil Twin Brewing before, and they've ranged from being pretty good to being mediocre in terms of quality. They're one of those breweries that are all over the place when it comes to the quality of their beer yet I find myself drawn to them each time they release something new. Why this is I cannot say, but what I can say is that this one certainly grabbed my attention just with the name.

I give to you Christmas Eve at a New York City Hotel Room. Yeah, how's that for a beer name? It's almost like the brewer was playing a Cards Against Humanity-esque game and this was one of the answers that was selected as a winner. Or maybe something went down in a Hotel Room in NYC and it's become somewhat of an inside joke. Or.....you know what, let's just get to the beer.

Appearance - Pitch black with a thin dark brown head and light visible carbonation. Nothing in terms of lacing though.

Aroma - Chocolate malts followed by some mild bitter hoppiness. I'm also getting some coffee grounds and roasted barley.

Taste - Chocolate malts and bitter hoppiness, once again. These are followed by some roasted barley and light booziness on the back end of the palate along with a mild encompassing smokiness.

It's an Imperial Stout that isn't unlike any others I've had before this and there's nothing I'd consider to be awe-inspiring about it. Also given the fact there are cheaper Imperial Stouts out there that are more vibrant and diverse in terms of flavor (and in 6-packs), it makes this beer a lot harder to recommend. My advice to you would be buy a single bottle of this instead of buying a full 4-pack of this, because while it's not a terrible beer, the flavor doesn't match up with the asking price.

Evil Twin Christmas Eve at a New York City Hotel Room - 6.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment