Monday, January 4, 2016

Rush River Scenic Pale Ale Review



Name: Rush River Scenic Pale Ale
Style: American Pale Ale
ABV: 5%
IBUs: 25

It's been a long while since I reviewed anything from Rush River, about two years according to my estimate with the last review being of their Minion IPA. Today's beer is, to my knowledge, the newest offering from Rush River with their Scenic Pale Ale.

I remember seeing this on draft at a few bars before I saw this available in the form of a bottle but I never felt tempted to try it out. On top of that, I saw listings for this beer in kegs at a couple liquor stores going for more than $100, which is a bit too much for me to shell out in order to try this beer. Luckily, it's now available in bottles so the need for seeking this out on draft again is now gone.

Appearance - Hazy amber color with a mild amount of visible carbonation. The head starts out foamy but settles for thin filmy look, while the lacing left behind is nice and abundant.

Aroma - Floral hops and yeasts, followed by some pale malt and toffee sweetness. Not much else but it smells pretty vibrant so far.

Taste - Floral and citrus hops start things out, while the middle opens up to some yeasts and light orange peel notes. The back end of the flavor is more yeastiness with a mix of floral and bitter hops, the latter of which lingers for a bit in the aftertaste.

Scenic is a standard run-of-the-mill pale ale that, while doing nothing new, still manages to be a decent beer. If you're a fan of pale ales, it's pretty safe to assume that you will enjoy this. Plus the asking price won't hurt your wallet too much. If you haven't had this yet, I'd say it's worth checking out.

Rush River Scenic Pale Ale - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment