Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yella Pils Review



Name: Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yella Pils
Style: Pilsner
ABV: 5.3%
IBUs: 35

Yeah so..............I'm a little late to the party on this beer because it's been available in our market for quite a while. I decided that after having the Death by Coconut that I might as well start to get some other beers from Oskar Blues out of the way.

Thankfully as luck would have it, I was able to find a variety of their beers, but I realized that upon reviewing my blog that I about half of the beers I got I had already reviewed. Oh well, life goes on. For this review, I have their Mama's Little Yella Pils, which is described by the brewery as a Czech style Pilsner.

Appearance - Fairly clear bright yellow color with a mild amount of visible carbonation. The head is nice and foamy with some great retention, but the lacing, on the other hand, is rather soapy but still abundant nonetheless

Aroma - Pilsner & pale maltiness with some mild grassiness. I'm also picking up on some light floral hops and some flaked corn notes.

Taste - Pale and pilsner malts backed up by some mild floral hops. Towards the middle, I'm getting more of those pale malts with some light grassy notes, while on the back end of the palate is fairly light save for some light barley notes. The aftertaste is very dry, save for some mild pale maltiness.

Flavor is nothing really to mull over, given that Pilsners are supposed to be that way. With that said, it's nice, refreshing and easy to drink. It's one of those beers you'd drink if you're in the mood for something when you don't want to think about anything except having a good beer. In short, it's worth checking out and it's definitely one of the better pilsners available out there.

Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yella Pils - 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment