Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Epic Los Locos Review



Name: Epic Los Locos
Style: Adjunct Lager/Pale Lager
ABV: 4.8%
IBUs: N/A

Remember a couple articles back when I reviewed Corona Extra and I talked about how I had it while in Miami? Well, it seems the forces of the universe have guided me to today's beer: Los Locos from Epic Brewing. It's a Mexican Lager made with Lime & Sea Salt. When I had my Corona in Miami, they garnished it with a lime and put salt on the napkin which the glass sat upon to avoid sticking. Anyways, here's hoping that this tastes better than Corona!

Appearance - Cloudy dark yellow color with a mild amount of visible carbonation. The head starts out with a good amount of volume but is quite fizzy in character and fades away after a few moments. Needless to say, there's no lacing left behind

Aroma - Pale malts and lager yeasts with a slight citrus twist, which is either going to be hops or that lime zest. Aside from that, there's not much else to it.

Taste - Pale malts and lager yeasts start things off in the palate, with some sweet lime zest taking things over in the middle. The back end of the palate is where I'm getting some light hop bitterness with some salt notes along with that lime zest to help round it out. Aftertaste is pretty dry, save for a light saltiness and lime sweetness.

I was very skeptical of how this beer was going to turn out, but this is surprisingly not bad! It's light, crisp and the lime/sea salt aspect of the flavor works pretty well. It's not the best lager I've come across but adding this to your mix-a-six wouldn't be a bad idea.

Epic Los Locos - 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment