Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Rogue Honey Kolsch Review



Name: Rogue Honey Kolsch
Style: Kolsch
ABV: 5%
IBUs: 26

Before I departed for my vacation, there was a couple reviews that I had in draft format that I never got around to finishing. Since I'm now back, I guess now I can get around to posting this.

For this beer, we have Rogue Ales' Honey Kolsch, a beer that was originally available in yellow spray painted bomber bottles a while back, but is now available in 12 oz. bottle form. It's also worth noting that this is also a lot more reasonably priced than what it was in a bomber, which is one of the reasons why I've decided to review this.

Appearance - Mildly hazy yellow color with a mild amount of visible cabonation. It's got a pretty foamy head that has some good retention along with some good lacing

Aroma - White grapes, lager yeasts and honey and pale maltiness in the back

Taste - White grape and lager yeasts upfront with some nice honey notes that linger throughout. Towards the back I'm getting some of that pale maltiness along with some mild floral hops. The aftertaste is a light mix of pale malts and honey.

While I'm glad I didn't spend the $9+ for a bomber of this stuff, this is probably one of the best Kolsch-style beers I've had in a long time. The overall flavor is nice & smooth and the honey utilized here is prominent without being too much. So if you see this, this is definitely worth checking out.


Rogue Honey Kolsch - 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment