Thursday, July 28, 2016

Evil Twin Wet Dream Review



Name: Evil Twin Wet Dream
Style: Brown Ale
ABV: 6%
IBUs: N/A

Remember when I said that the majority of Evil Twin beers I had were Imperial Stouts? Well, with this review that is not the case. I give to you Wet Dream, a brown ale that is made with coffee. And if I really have to tell you where the name comes from, then you're definitely not old enough to drink (at least in this country.)

Appearance - Hazy dark brown color with a mild amount of carbonation. It's got a pretty foamy head and the lacing is quite good.

Aroma - Roasted barley and chocolate malts followed by some coffee grounds, light smoke and some mild bitter hops

Taste - Coffee and roasted barley upfront, with more coffee in the middle and coffee lingers off in the back and gives way to chocolate malts and bitter hops. The aftertaste is mainly bitter hops and coffee grounds, both of which linger for a few moments.

I really enjoyed this beer and if it proves anything, it's that Evil Twin's main focuses shouldn't just be Imperial Stouts or IPAs. I liked the coffee aspect of the flavor and it's a nice change of pace from the lighter styles of beer that I have been having as of late. On top of that, I've seen this go for a very reasonably priced $9.99 in my area for a 4-pack of tallboy cans so I think you're getting your money's worth here.

Evil Twin Wet Dream - 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment