Sunday, September 11, 2016

Hofbrau Oktoberfest Review



Name: Hofbrau Oktoberfest
Style: Oktoberfest/Marzen
ABV: 6.3%
IBUs: N/A

The most common complaint I heard from my Oktoberfest article was that none of my Oktoberfest articles prior to writing that article weren't real Oktoberfest beers. That means that none of those beers actually came from Germany.

Well, I grabbed this beer randomly while putting together a mix-a-six, which brings us to Hofbrau Oktoberfest, alsp known as Hofbrau Oktoberfestbier. I haven't researched this much other than it comes from Germany and that the brewery is owned by the Bavarian State Government, so let's check this one out.

Appearance - Fairly clear pale yellow color with no visible carbonation. The head is pretty foamy but leaves behind sparse lacing.

Aroma - Pale malts, and lager yeasts with a light hint of skunkiness. Honestly, this smells more like a Euro Lager than it does an Oktoberfest.

Taste - Pale malts and some mild toffee sweetness upfront with some lager yeasts and light floral hops in the back. There's also and encompassing light skunkiness.

You know, I really don't feel that like this is an Oktoberfest but more of a glorified euro lager, in appearance, nose and palate. Simply put, I'm not a fan of this and if you're thinking about having this, I strongly suggest that you reconsider.

Hofbrau Oktoberfest - 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment