Thursday, September 8, 2016

Schell's Oktoberfest Review



Name: Schell's Oktoberfest
Style: Oktoberfest/Marzen
ABV: 5.5%
IBUs: N/A

Next Oktoberfest beer I have isn't even a request but rather it's one a friend of mine recommended for me to try out. I give to you Schell's Oktoberfest, which according to what I've been told, is the brewery's largest selling seasonal beer and one of their top selling beers overall.

Appearance - Fairly clear orange color with a mild amount of visible carbonation. The head starts out foamy but settles to a thin film and the lacing is somewhat sparse.

Aroma - Floral hops, toasted barley, light chocolate and some Munich malts & toffee sweetness.

Taste - Floral hops and toasted barley upfront with some chocolate in the middle before rounding out with some Munich Malts and toffee sweetness.

It's nothing remarkable but it's drinkable and if you're already drinking this religiously, then by all means do just that. As for me, it's nothing I haven't already seen so there's nothing really making this stand out from the rest of the Oktoberfest pack.

Schell's Oktoberfest - 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment