Saturday, September 3, 2016

Odell Oktoberfest Review



Name: Odell Oktoberfest
Style: Oktoberfest/Marzen
ABV: 6.1%
IBUs: 19

For the next few reviews, I'll be reviewing some of the Oktoberfest beers that you've requested after I posted my article about how I think that Oktoberfest beers all taste the same. There's also a couple of Oktoberfest beers which actually haven't been released yet that I'll get to in the near future.

For the first review, I've got Odell's Oktoberfest, which was the first request I got after I posted my Oktoberfest article. I was told that this one is supposed to be pretty good, so let's see how this one is.

Appearance - Clear dark orange color with a high amount of visible carbonation. The head is quite foamy in appearance but there's not much in terms of lacing.

Aroma - Munich and toffee malts with some light floral hoppiness and lager yeasts.

Taste - Much like the nose, you've got Munich and toffee malts upfront, the latter of which lingers throughout. In the back, I'm getting some light floral hops and some of those lager yeasts as well. The aftertaste consists of more toffee malts and lager yeasts.

Well, it's nothing that I already haven't seen before, but I found this to be quite good for an Oktoberfest beer and the sum of the parts really come together quite nicely. If you so happen to see this, give this one a shot!

Odell Oktoberfest - 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment