Monday, September 19, 2016

Leinenkugel's Harvest Patch Shandy Review



Name: Leinenkugel's Harvest Patch Shandy
Style: Radler
ABV: 4.2%
IBUs: 11

Today we're traveling back into Radler territory with this review with Leinenkugel's Harvest Patch Shandy, which is a Radler made with Pumpkin Spice....or is it Pumpkin & Spices? I also know this is one of the seasonal shandies made by Leinenkugel's, so if I get my hands on that one, I'll be sure to review it.

Appearance - Fairly hazy dark yellow color with a high amount of visible carbonation. The head is thin but has some decent retention but there's no lacing left along the sides of the glass.

Aroma - I'm getting some graham cracker and strong pumpkin spice notes mixed in with a malted wheat base. In other words, this smells pretty much like pumpkin pie.

Taste - Graham crackers and pumpkin notes with some nutmeg, spice and pie crust notes towards the back mixed in with some malted wheat. Aftertaste is mildly dry but there's more pie crust and pumpkin flavors here as well.

Well, I'm impressed because this actually resembles pumpkin pie. At the same time, I am willing to admit that the flavor is somewhat niche and not everyone is going to like this. As for me, I thought it was good for what it was and it could be a nice sipper on the patio on a cool Saturday evening.

Leinenkugel's Harvest Patch Shandy - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment