Sunday, February 12, 2017

Bud Light Lime Review



Name: Bud Light Lime
Style: American Adjunct Lager
ABV: 4.2%
IBUs: N/A

So originally I was going to start reviewing my Oklahoma Craft Beer Package but I've been getting a few requests for this beer for a while now. That's not terribly unusual, but what sets this apart is that someone in my MBA cohort requested that I review this beer; The things I do for friends.

I give to you Bud Light Lime, a beer that I never thought that would be featured on this blog. I recall last summer when I was in Miami Beach at this beachside patio bar with my wife, I was sipping on some Funky Buddha while she drank her Miller. Suddenly, these promotional models wearing Bud Light Lime Bikinis (which are totally a thing), were going around the bar offering free bottles of the aforementioned beer. When they came to our table, I politely declined but with the other bar patrons, it was a resounding hit.

Appearance - Clear pale yellow straw color with a high amount of visible carbonation. The head is fairly thin and fades to a white ring along the sides of the glass. As for the lacing.............well, there's none!

Aroma - Cereal grains, cardboard and skunkiness, all encompassed by a mild lime sweetness.

Taste - Mild lime flavor that encompasses the flavor, which consists of light cereal grains and light cardboard with no aftertaste to speak of. In fact, there's not really much of a flavor here at all.

You know, I was expecting Bud Light Platinum caliber horrible, but it's just merely bad. Sure, it's skunky in the nose and gives a terrible first impression but when everything is said and done, this is just a pretty bland beer that is devoid of pretty much any sort of flavor, mainly due to the fact that the lime flavoring cancels out anything truly awful on the palate, which may or may not be the intent.

In a strange twist of fate, this is actually better than the original Bud Light but not by much and if there are better offerings available, go with those instead of this

Bud Light Lime - 3/10

1 comment:

  1. Joking aside it's actually not a bad beer. I definitely would pick this than Magic hat. I like the fact that bud light decided they would make a beer to hide their signature skunky after taste and to that I tip my hat off. Sure there's a lot of better beer out there but who wants to just drink hoppy craft beer their whole life? Sometimes you have to taste something awful to appreciate what's good.

    ReplyDelete