Thursday, February 2, 2017

Creature Comforts Tropicalia Review



Name: Creature Comforts Tropicalia
Style: India Pale Ale
ABV: 6.5%
IBUs: N/A

Back to my Georgia craft beer package. I'm moving on to a couple of offerings from Creature Comforts, based out of Athens, GA. For this review, I got their Tropicalia IPA. I did a bit of research on this beer and it turns out that this is actually a pretty popular beer in Atlanta, so much so that the brewery is having trouble keeping up with demand for this beer. With that said, I consider myself very luck to be able to try this out.

Appearance - Hazy dark yellow color with a mild amount of visible carbonation. The head is pretty foamy and the lacing left behind is plentiful.

Aroma - Rich citrus hops and mango notes, with some mild yeasty notes and a toffee/pale malt backbone. I'm also getting some passion fruit sweetness in here too.

Taste - Getting some very robust citrus and tangerine notes on the front of the palate that lingers throughout. In the middle and back, I'm getting some solid passion fruit and mango notes, along with a solid pale malt backbone and toffee sweetness. In the aftertaste, I'm getting a mild bitter hoppiness, along with more of that passion fruit and tangerine sweetness.

Well, I can definitely see why this is so popular in Atlanta. Between its bright citrus hop profile and balanced malt backbone, this is honestly one of the best IPAs I've had in recent memory. Georgia, consider yourselves lucky to have access to such a wonderful beer! To those who are fortunate enough to have regular access to this, this is worth waiting around for.

Creature Comforts Tropicalia - 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment