Friday, December 26, 2014

Jack Pine Fenceline Pale Ale Review



Name: Jack Pine Fenceline Pale Ale
Style: American Pale Ale
ABV: 5.4%

Last weekend, I was visiting family in Brainard when we decided to make a trip to Jack Pine Brewery, which is located in the adjacent town of Baxter. I had heard about Jack Pine early last year but never found the time to visit, but thankfully the opportunity to do so came up. To my knowledge, they only distribute to the Brainard Lake area right now due to their size and capacity.

I wanted to get something to review for this blog. After much deliberation, I decided to get a growler of their Fenceline Pale Ale, which is their American Pale Ale offering.

Fenceline pours a hazy orange color with some mild visible carbonation. The head is nice and foamy and the lacing is very abundant.

The aroma kicks things off with some orange peels, some mild grapefruit notes, a solid caramel maltiness and some floral hoppiness to top things off.

On the front of the palate, I'm getting some bitter citra hops and grapefruits; Some noticeable yeastiness in the middle before finishing with a kiwi sweetness. I will admit I did not see the NZ hop-like quality coming.

Fenceline is a nice, drinkable beer and the kiwi sweetness I got at the end was a very welcome surprise. If you ever find yourself in the Brainerd Area, be sure to check this beer out & check out the brewery while you're at it!

Jack Pine Fenceline Pale Ale - 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment