Friday, December 19, 2014

Swag Brewery Vanilla Porter Candle Review



A couple months ago, I was contacted by Max from Swag Brewery to help promote the Kickstarter he was doing to get his brand new beer candle product off the ground, to which I gladly helped. Since the Kickstarter was a rousing success, I have been given some beer candles courtesy of Swag Brewery to try out for myself.

I was sent the Vanilla Porter candle but it also comes in Apricot Wheat and Hoppy IPA scents as well. With that said, I want to throw this out there: Much like the beer soap which I got last year, this does NOT smell like beer but uses the aromatics used in the said beer. So I'm going to take a look at this candle.

Packaging



Wow, I really like how this looks. From the front as you can see here it looks very professional and has a bit of that old-timey, wild west poster look to it. I don't know what I find so attractive but I just really like the packaging. Plus it's proudly made in the US of A!!

The Candle


Aside from the label being from Swag, the candle itself reminds me of something I would get from Yankee Candle....except not like this.

So you're probably wondering to yourself "Well....how does it smell?" Well I want to point out again does NOT smell like beer, but instead you're treated to a wonderful aroma of vanilla, chocolate and a hint of underlying caramel sweetness. It is quite unlike any other candle we've had in our apartment, to say the least.

As for the longevity of the candle, going by the two I've used so far, it clocks in at around 50 hours, so it's got a good amount of life behind.



Much like the beer soap I've had before, this is a wonderful gift for that special craft beer lover in your heart. At the same time, it's also a gift I would feel comfortable giving to anyone who isn't necessarily a beer geek because it's a wonderful smelling candle. With all that said, I would highly recommend checking this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment