Saturday, December 13, 2014

Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild Review


Name: Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild
Style: Belgian IPA
ABV: 8.9%

Today I'm going to be reviewing something from Lagunitas Brewing Company. I've been craving a good Belgian IPA as of late (amongst the others that I've looked at recently), which is why I have a Little Sumpin' Wild. I was originally going to look at the original Little Sumpin' Sumpin', but I didn't get my hands on that until after I had already had this.

Little Sumpin' Wild pours a fairly clear light orange color with some mild visible carbonation. The head starts out pretty foamy before tapering to a more foamy appearance and the lacing is quite good.

In the aroma, I'm picking up on a strong citra hops, passion-fruit and mango up front, while Belgian yeasts, a bit of piney hoppiness, some pale and toffee malts make up the second half of the nose.

The flavor is a bit different. On the front of the palate, I'm getting some cloves/spices, Belgian yeasts and citrus hops upfront. Meanwhile grapefruits, toffee malts and citra-bitter hoppiness make up the flavors in the second part of the flavor. As for the aftertaste, it's mainly a citrus & bitter hoppiness with a light touch of toffee malts.

Even though Lagunitas has grown a lot these past few years, it's still nice to see that the overall quality of their beers hasn't been affected. With its complex and robust flavor, you'll no doubt find something to enjoy about this beer!

Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild - 9.25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment