Saturday, January 17, 2015

City Steam The Naughty Nurse Review



Name: City Steam The Naughty Nurse
Style: Amber Ale
ABV: 5%

I'm on the last leg of my Connecticut beer mail. The next I have is from City Steam Brewery, based out of Hartford, CT with their Naughty Nurse Amber Ale. The website doesn't have a lot of other information about this beer so let's get right to it

The beer pours a hazy orange color with some mild carbonation. The head has takes on a thin khaki colored appearance along with some good lacing.

In the nose, I'm getting some chocolate maltiness, a bit of mild cinnamon, some yeastiness, and a bit of floral hoppiness. Definitely smells different than the other Amber Ales I've had recently

As for the taste, there's some chocolate malts, bit of nuttiness, some floral & bitter hops and bitterness in general. A pretty bitter aftertaste with some very mild hoppiness to go along with that

Naughty Nurse is a pretty good beer and certainly one of the better amber ales I've had as of late. Be sure to check this out if you can.

City Steam The Naughty Nurse - 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment