Monday, January 26, 2015

Fulton Worthy Adversary Review



Name: Fulton Worthy Adversary
Style: Imperial Stout
ABV: 9.5%

Hey remember in my last review when I said that every once in a while, I need a lighter beer during the winter months? Well we're back to the other end of the proverbial beer spectrum with Fulton Beer's Worthy Adversary Imperial Stout. Now I've had this beer before at Fulton's taproom before but like many local beers I've had, I haven't given it a proper review yet.

This is also the first time I've seen Worthy Adversary in a four pack of 12oz bottles as opposed to the 22oz. bombers, which I think is awesome. They also have another Imperial Stout by the name of War & Peace, which is brewed with coffee. Note to self: Try to review this beer in the near future.

Worthy Adversary pours a pitch black color with no visible carbonation. The head takes on a very thin khaki-colored appearance and some spotty lacing.

The aroma takes on a strong Chocolate malt and roasted barley scent upfront. Oddly enough, I'm getting some raspberry sweetness paired up with some mild vanilla notes and light bitter hoppiness

The first three flavors that hit the palate are roasted barley, bitter hops & chocolate malts; All of which are simultaneous. Following this up are some vanilla & light raspberry sweetness. As for the aftertaste, it consists of mild bitter hops and more roastiness.

I don't recall any raspberry sweetness being in this beer before, but regardless it is still an excellent tasting beer. I'm not the biggest fan of wordplay or whatever it's called but one could say that this Adversary......is worthy of your time.

Fulton Worthy Adversary - 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment