Thursday, January 1, 2015

Zip Line New Zealand IPA Review

Name: Zipline New Zealand IPA
Style: India Pale Ale
ABV: 6.8%

Happy New Year to all of my readers, I hope you all had fun and stayed safe etc, etc. Let's kick off 2015 with a review! A couple weeks ago when I was visiting family, I was given a bottle of beer from my stepdad who, at the insistence of his friend whose son goes to college in Nebraska, suggested I give this a review.

So tonight I have a New Zealand IPA from Zipline Brewing based out of Lincoln, NE. Many of you already know that a recent trend in craft brewing is breweries taking hops from New Zealand and using them in their beers. Usually these said beers have some name like Southern Hemisphere or Down Under. Zipline is a bit more direct with the name by just calling it New Zealand IPA.

I also want to apologize for the lack of photo, I swore I took a photo of it but after search for nearly an hour, my efforts have turned up nothing

New Zealand IPA pours a hazy orange color with some mild visible carbonation. The head is on thinner side but foamy nonetheless and the lacing is actually pretty good.

Aroma has some citrus hops with a bit of kiwi sweetness. I'm also getting some caramel maltiness with some floral hoppiness as well.

Taste takes on some moderate citrus hoppiness with some pronounced kiwi sweetness, much like the nose. The caramel maltiness is also pretty solid and I'm also picking on some hop bitterness in the back of the palate.

NZ IPA is a very nicely done IPA. It's got a great taste and easy drinkability. Here's hoping that I can get my hands from more stuff from Zipline in the near future!

New Zealand NZ IPA - 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment