Monday, January 12, 2015

Milwaukee Brewing Louie's Resurrection Review



Name: Milwaukee Brewing Louie's Resurrection
Style: Amber Ale
ABV: 10.2%

So I've decided to take a break from reviewing my Connecticut beers because I recently came across a beer that I have been meaning to get my hands on for a while. Last month I reviewed Louie's Demise from Milwaukee Brewing Company. In that review, I talked about Louie's Resurrection and my desire to one day give it a proper review. Well that opportunity came this weekend when I was making one of my visits to Keyport's Growler Station and Louie's Resurrection just so happened to be on that list.

Now a tidbit about Resurrection. For starters, it's a stronger version of Louie's Demise, which is their flagship Amber Ale. On top of that, it's aged for a couple months in bourbon barrels. When I had it in late 2013, it was the first "Imperial" Amber Ale that I had. To this day, it's the only one I've had. Needless to say, I'm quite excited to finally give this beer a proper review.

Clear dark red color with some very light visible carbonation. The head takes on a fairly foamy khaki colored appearance but with some sparse and soapy lacing.

Aroma starts out with some fairly prominent oak and vanilla notes. I'm also picking up on some roasted barley, a bit of chocolate maltiness, and even some mild bitter hops.

Flavor I'm getting some vanilla sweetness mixed with some oak, along with some chocolate and toffee malts, more bitter hoppiness and even a hint of cinnamon. Aftertaste is mildly dry with just a hint of vanilla.

This is, hands down, the best beer I've had from Milwaukee Brewing yet. The flavor is vibrant & robust and you will want to come back for more. Just be sure that if you do go back for more, that you don't plan on going anywhere because this is a deceptively strong beer.

Milwaukee Brewing Louie's Resurrection - 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment