Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Capital US Pale Ale Review



Name: Capital US Pale Ale
Style: American Pale Ale
ABV: 4.9%
IBUs: 40

Today I'm going to be taking a look at some sampler pack beers from Capital Brewery. If my calculations are correct, it has been exactly two years (and I do mean EXACTLY) since I have last reviewed anything from this brewery.

First up is their U.S. Pale Ale, complete with an American flag shield on the front along with a starry background. I'm guessing if Capital wanted to let everyone know that this is an American beer, then they have passed with flying colors. It's also a session pale ale. Speaking of which, pretty much every beer in this sampler pack is a pale ale of some kind as you'll see shortly.

Appearance - Mildly hazy dark yellow color with a fairly high amount of visible carbonation. The head is fairly thin but foamy and there's a good amount of sticky lacing left along the sides of the glass

Aroma - Pale & caramel malts with some mild floral hoppiness. I'm also getting some barley grain and yeasts as well as some light orange peel notes.

Taste - Floral hops and pale malts upfront, followed by some light orange peel and yeasts. That grainy aspect that I got in the nose is present primarily towards the back of the palate but that's not necessarily a thing. Aftertaste is on the lighter side, but what is there is a light bitter hop flavor that fades after a couple of moments

It's nothing I'd consider to be special by any means but it's a functional beer that gets the job done. Given the IBUs as well, there's a good amount of hop flavor in here without necessarily being overwhelming. If you see this, I guess it's worth checking out.

Capital US Pale Ale - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment