Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Capital Ghost Ship White IPA Review



Name: Capital Ghost Ship White IPA
Style: White IPA
ABV: 5.6%
IBUs: 55

Next up in my Capital Brewery Sampler Pack is their Ghost Ship White IPA, as I mentioned in my previous post, every beer in this sampler pack is a Pale Ale of some sort. I would've liked to have seen more of a variety in terms of styles go but I will make due with what's in front of me.

This, of course, is a white IPA. I'm going to assume that it's called this because stereotypical ghosts/spirits/apparitions are supposed to appear as white in color, I suppose? Though this is probably the only ghost ship that you can drink.

Appearance - Very hazy bright orange color with no visible carbonation to speak of. The head isn't terribly large but it is foamy and it leaves behind a ton of lacing along the sides of the glass.

Aroma - Citrus hops and malted wheat, with some pale malts. I'm also picking up on coriander/spices and light floral hoppiness.

Taste - Citrus hops and malted wheat on the front of palate followed by some mild spiciness and pale malts. The back end of the flavor opens to some more spices, orange peel and a light lemon taste. The aftertaste is mainly bitter hops and light wheat notes.

I have to say this is pretty good! It's nothing I already haven't seen in a White IPA before but I'd be damned if I said I didn't enjoy drinking this. So far in the sampler pack, this is my favorite thus far but I still have two more beers that I have yet to look at. Regardless, if you see this at the store, I would recommend picking this one up.

Capital Ghost Ship White IPA - 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment