Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sam Adams Noble Pils Review



Name: Sam Adams Noble Pils
Style: Pilsner
ABV: 4.9%
IBUs: 34

Next up on the Sam Adams beers that I got is their Noble Pils. Not really much here aside from the fact that it's a Pilsner and I've been trying to focus more on other styles aside from IPAs as I feel that I have been focusing too much of my energy on that style (though coming up in a couple reviews, I'll be taking a look at some that I've been wanting to review for a while.)

Appearance - Mildly hazy yellow color with a moderate amount of visible carbonation. The head is on the thinner side and soapy in appearance while there is nothing here in terms of lacing.

Aroma - Floral hops and pilsner malts with a bit of yeastiness along with some light pale malts.

Taste -  Pale malts and floral hops on the front of the palate. Towards the middle, I'm getting some light pilsner malts and lemongrass nottes, while towards the back I'm getting some more pale malts and light hop bitterness, along with some light citra notes. The aftertaste, however, is quite dry.

Much like the last beer, nothing I would consider to be special but it's nice, light and drinkable and there certainly isn't wrong with that. If you see it, it would be worth checking out at least once.

Sam Adams Noble Pils - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment