Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sam Adams Cold Snap Review



Name: Sam Adams Cold Snap
Style: Witbier
ABV: 5.3%
IBUs: 10

Winter may be over but I got my hands on a couple of winter seasonal beers from Sam Adams that I figured I would take a look at. The first beer is Cold Snap, a witbier made with orange peel and spices. I recall this coming out in particular a couple years back when I lived in Duluth due to the outrageously cold winter we were experiencing back then...........or in other words, a cold snap.

Appearance - Hazy dark yellow color with a a mild amount of visible carbonation. The head is fairly foamy and there's a decent amount of lacing left behind along the sides of the glass.

Aroma - Malted wheat and spices, along with some coriander and orange peel, with just a hint of floral hops.

Taste - Starts out with some malted wheat notes, followed by some orange peel and coriander in the middle with a light spiciness. Towards the back, I'm getting some light floral hoppiness and yeasts. The aftertaste is just a light malted wheat and coriander finish.

It's nothing terribly special, but it's got a good flavor and I have no qualms about drinking this. If you see it in the future, I would suggest you try it out.

Sam Adams Cold Snap - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment