Thursday, July 11, 2013

Boddington's Pub Ale Review


Boddington's Pub Ale is one of those beers that I've seen everytime I goto grab some beer but never really bothered with until I decided one day to try it out, plus it was reasonably priced for what it was. Upon looking at the can, I figured why I've seen this pretty much everywhere I went: Boddington's is brewed by Samlesbury, which is a subsidiary of AB-InBev so it's safe to assume that this beer has a very long reach in terms of distribution.

As for the beer itself, it's categorized as an English Bitter with an ABV of 4.7%, and as I've mentioned before, the English Bitter that most people are familiar with is Goose Island Honker's Ale.

Boddington's pours a clear pale golden color with a very filmy & creamy-looking head along with some abundant lacing.

The nose has some light honey notes, along with cereal grains, malts, and barley. Very dry smell and not much else. As for the flavor, you have light honey, cereal grains and barley; That's pretty much it, there really isn't too much flavor to this.

The body is light & creamy and the carbonation is light; It's very smooth and easy to drink, which is probably the best thing about this beer.

The flavor and overall experience are pretty much the exact same that I had when I had my first Old Speckled Hen, it was even served in a Nitro-Can just like Boddington's. It's a very smooth and creamy beer, but the flavor is quite dry and leaves much more to be desired. It could've been alot worse but I wouldn't recommend drinking this your options are very limited.

Boddington's Pub Ale - 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment