Thursday, July 11, 2013

Boulevard Amber Ale Review



And now for the last beer in the Boulevard Brewing Sampler Pack, we have their Boulevard Amber Ale. This is, of course, an Amber Ale with an ABV of 5.1%. Since I have most of my stuff packed, I figured it was time to cap off the Boulevard Sampler Pack once and for all.

It pours a hazy amber/orange color with a filmy half finger head. There are bits of carbonation along the sides of the glass and it finishes pretty clean.

The nose has some nutty and light caramel notes to it, which are followed by yeasts, barley, and pale malts. The flavor is more caramel forward with floral hops, barley, nuts and yeasts. The aftertaste is a nutty/hop finish which comes off as a bit dry.

The body is fairly light in weight and the carbonation is pretty mild, so this is a pretty easy drinker and makes for a sessionable beer.

The flavor isn't terribly different from other Amber Ales that I've tried but it tastes good, drinks easy and that's all that should matter in this case. If you get Boulevard in your area, I would say give this one a try, along with their Bully! Porter if you can.

Now time to pack the rest of my stuff; Since I'm moving to Duluth, the All Pints North Beer Festival is this weekend. I will try to make it there this weekend and hopefully do a piece about it. Regardless, I will see you all next week!

Have a great weekend! Cheers!

Boulevard Amber Ale - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment