Saturday, July 27, 2013

New Glarus Moon Man No Coast Pale Ale Review



I have not only been blown away with the selections that I've seen in Duluth, but I've also been impressed with what I have found in neighboring Superior, WI; which is right over the bridge from Duluth. You usually don't find too many Duluth residents over in Superior unless it's for work or it's a Sunday in which case you see Minnesotans flocking over to buy beer because liquor stores in Minnesota are closed on Sundays.

As for me, I see it as a way to get my New Glarus & Oskar Blues fix as well as trying out new beers in the process. I have found some pretty good beers so far and will be reviewing them when the time comes. For now, I'll be focusing on my next New Glarus offering: Moon Man No Coast Pale Ale....or Moon Man for short. It's classified as an American Pale Ale with an ABV of 5%

Moon Man pours a fairly clear gold color with a soapy white head. There's a bit of carbonation going on inside the glass and the lacing retention is somewhat spotty.

The nose has a distinct grapefruit and citrus hop scent upfront, along with pale malts, floral hops and yeasts. The flavor is pretty much the same as the nose with grapefruits, citra hops, pale malts, caramel and yeasts. The body is fairly light weight and the carbonation is rather moderate for what it is.

This was quite good. The flavor isn't quite as unique as the name and description say it is, but it has a great flavor and that's all this beer is trying to do. Give it a shot if you're ever in Wisconsin.

New Glarus Moon Man No Coast Pale Ale - 8.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment