Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Community Beer Company Mosaic IPA Review



Name: Community Beer Company Mosaic IPA
Style: Imperial IPA
ABV: 8.6%

A couple weeks ago, I did a beer trade for a care package consisting of Texas craft beers in exchange for some New Glarus beers. The first couple of beers I will be looking at is from the Community Beer Company, based out of Dallas, TX. I really don't know too much about the brewery aside from the fact they're from Texas. My first beer from them is their Mosaic IPA, which is their IPA made with Mosaic hops.

Appearance - A very hazy dark orange with a thin white head. The lacing is on the spotty side but there is no visible carbonation due to the dark coloring

Aroma - Rich mango, peach & citrus hop notes, followed by some caramel malts and toffee sweetness. Not much else to say, expect that the Mosaic hops used in the brewing process are on display well here.

Taste - It's fairly identical to the nose. It's got strong mango & citrus hop notes on the front of the palate while the back end is where the caramel and toffee sweetness make themselves known. The aftertaste is made up of mango sweetness with a light bitter hoppiness.

As I stated earlier, the Mosaic hops are on display wonderfully here, both in the nose and in the flavor. On top of that, the caramel malt and toffee sweetness help balance things out wonderfully. I'll be sure to pick this up again if I ever find myself in Texas and I recommend anyone living in Texas to check this beer out. I'm only one beer in to my care package and I'm already excited to see what the rest of it has to offer.

Community Beer Company Mosaic IPA - 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment