Monday, June 15, 2015

Clown Shoes Undead Party Crasher Review



Name: Clown Shoes Undead Party Crasher
Style: Imperial Stout
ABV: 10%
IBUs: N/A

Today I've got another beer from Clown Shoes Brewing called Undead Party Crasher, which is an Imperial Stout Brewed with hickory, ash and holy water. And no, I'm not making this up. I couldn't even if I tried!

So why the oddball combination, you ask? Well, originally this was called Vampire Slayer until a trademark lawsuit came up and the brewery threatened legal action over the trademark infraction, with a trademark lawyer leading the charge against them. Long story, short: Clown Shoes was forced to change the name to what is now Undead Party Crasher. The new label shows a guy impaling a werewolf with the banner "Welcome, Trademark Attorneys!" above it. How subtle....

Appearance - Pitch black with a light amount of visible carbonation along the sides of the glass. The head takes on a thin brown look with some good lacing.

Aroma - Chocolate malts, mild smokiness & oak, along with some mild floral hoppiness. Yes, there's even some light ash in here too which strangely goes along with everything else Though I'm not picking up on the holy water though, maybe it's time to get my nose checked.

Taste - Smokey & Chocolate malt forward, followed by some oak & vanilla notes with some roastiness and light floral hop-like sweetness on the back end of the flavor. It's worth noting that this definitely gets sweeter as it warms up.

It doesn't do anything I haven't already seen in an Imperial Stout and the addition of hickory, ash, and holy water aspects are mostly novel at best. However I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this and there's no reason any seasoned Imperial Stout fan wouldn't enjoy this either

Clown Shoes Undead Party Crasher - 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment