Monday, June 1, 2015

Saint Arnold Endeavour Review



Name: Saint Arnold Endeavour
Style: Imperial IPA
ABV: 8.9%
IBUs: 76

Well, we've come to the last beer in the Texas Craft Beer care package and I've been saving this for last. I bring to you Endeavour from Saint Arnold Brewing Company based out of Houston, TX. Endeavour is an Imperial IPA which is brewed with Simcoe, Centennial & Columbus hops. Also worth noting: on the label, it's called an IPA².

Fun Fact: The brewery gets its name from Arnold of Soissons, the patron saint of hop-pickers and Belgian brewers. Also, according to the brewery itself, they are the oldest craft brewery in all of Texas.

Appearance - Mild to moderately hazy dark orange color with a mild amount of visible carbonation. The head is lightly tanned and quite thin but there is some good lacing though.

Aroma - Rich citrus hoppiness on the front of the nose with a solid caramel malt base followed by some light bitterness & grapefruitness. Along with that is maybe a hint of apricot.

Taste - Robust citra and bitter hops, followed by caramel & toffee sweetness before finishing off with grapefruits and more bitter hops. The aftertaste is bitter resin hops and a light toffee sweetness.

The hop profile is nice and varied, yet balanced at the same time. Needless to say, I like this a lot and I'm glad I got to try this out. Hopefully if I find myself in Texas one day, I'll be able to have this again.

Saint Arnold Endeavour - 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment