Monday, June 29, 2015

Sam Adams Downtime Pilsner Review



Name: Sam Adams Downtime Pilsner
Style: Pilsner
ABV: 5.2%
IBUs: 30

Continuing on with my Summertime Series beer reviews, I have another summer seasonal courtesy of Sam Adams with their Downtime Pilsner. Since it's my day off and there is a raging storm going on outside right now, I figured now would be a good time to review this beer; It is my.....downtime, after all!

Appearance - A fairly clear bright orange color with a foamy two-finger width head. The lacing is on the soapy side and there is a mild amount of carbonation to be had here.

Aroma - Pilsner malts and yeastiness are fairly prominent on the front of the nose. This is followed by some floral hoppiness and some potent lemongrass that takes on some lime-like characteristics. No earthy scent though, so there's that.

Taste - Pilsner maltiness and lemongrass notes. I'm also picking on some pale malts, yeasts and light citra-hops. I wish there was more to write about the flavor, but that's pretty much it.

Much like their Summer Ale, this is a simple & straight forward beer and about what I'd expect from a Sam Adams summer seasonal. At the same time, it tastes fairly good and it's worth adding to your mix-a-six should you be given the chance.

Sam Adams Downtime Pilsner - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment