Monday, December 14, 2015

Sixpoint Resin Review



Name: Sixpoint Resin
Style: Imperial IPA
ABV: 9.1%
IBUs: 103

Here I am still sitting around, awaiting in the recovery unit and looking at possibly a couple hours before discharge; The joys of same-day surgery I tell ya. Moving onto the other beer which I had from Sixpoint Brewery, we have Resin, which is their Imperial IPA offering. To my knowledge, this is one of their two Imperial IPA offerings. This too comes in a 12oz. Red Bull-style can like Bengali before it.

Appearance - Mildly hazy dark orange color with almost no visible carbonation. The head has a decent amount of foaminess with some sticky lacing.

Aroma - Strong resiny & piney hoppiness with some light caramelized malts. Pretty hop forward smelling for the most part

Taste - Strong piney & bitter hoppiness followed by a mild caramel malt backbone. Aftertaste is mainly bitter resiny hops and some light grapefruit rinds.

Resin is a good Imperial IPA.....but for some reason it doesn't quite cut it for me. Sure it's hoppy and has a fair amount of maltiness, but I keep telling myself there is something missing and it's a something I can't quite put my finger on. Is it the malts? The hops? It's hard for me to say for certain what it is so I'll try to summarize it as best I can: It has all the parts to make it work, but they don't quite come together like they should. I think I'll stick with Bengali for the time being.

Sixpoint Resin - 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment