Saturday, December 12, 2015

Swag Brewery Beer Candy Review



Every year for the past couple of years, Max from Swag Brewery has kindly provided me with some gift ideas for the holidays. Two years ago, it was their beer soap. Last year, it was their beer candles. This year, we have.......Beer Candy!



That's right, we finally have something that is meant to be consumed as opposed to being lit on fire or rubbed against the body. We have something that is safe to eat! Now I'm quite familiar with hop candy and have had it on a few occasions but here there are 3 flavors to choose from: Hoppy IPA, Roasty Stout and Honey Ale.


Hoppy IPA - Light lemon flavor with that hop resin flavor sans the bitterness. I'm also getting some floral hoppiness on the back of the palate. True to it's name, it tastes like actual hops with out the bitterness.....that's a good thing. Tasty!

Roasty Stout -  Roasted barley and light coffee grounds, with some notes of milk chocolate and dark cocoa. The longer I taste it, the more I can pick up on a very light hop bitterness, you really gotta dig for it, though. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it literally tastes like I have a stout in my mouth right now.

Honey Ale - Strong honey notes followed by some light floral hoppiness (yes, I said it) and even some light citrus notes. I don't recall any honey ale tasting this......honey-forward but it still tastes like a honey ale, albeit a very rich one. It's also got a bit of that toffee malt sweetness in here as well.

Well I can safely say that if you love beer, you will love this candy. You get the experience the taste of a wonderful craft beer without the risk of getting drunk. Oh yes, it's also a great gift for that craft beer lover in your life and it's actually a fairly unique concept & idea; One that works out quite well!

As always, if you'd like to get some of these for yourself or someone you know, you can find it at www.swagbrewery.com.

A big shoutout to Max from Swag Brewery for providing me with these goodies!

Cheers,

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment