Sunday, October 18, 2015

Revolution 1Z Enuff Review



Name: Revolution 1Z Enuff
Style: Imperial IPA
ABV: 11%
IBUs: 100

So here I am with the final Revolution Brewing beer in my beer mail package and it's one that I've been saving for last. It's an Imperial IPA by the name of 1Z Enuff (One's Enough). Why such a name? Well if you look at the stats of this beer, it not only comes in at a whooping 11% ABV but it also has an IBU rating of 100.

Appearance - Very hazy dark amber color with a mild amount of visible carbonation. The head is nice foamy with a slightly off-white color to it and the lacing is pretty good as well.

Aroma - Very dank piney hops with a little bit of citrus. I'm also getting a pretty strong caramel malt backbone but it's mostly dank hops for the most part.

Taste - Very strong dank piney hops hit you right away with an equally strong caramel maltiness. Interestingly enough, I'm getting some rum raisin notes in here as well and a slight hint of citrus. Aftertaste is surprisingly sweet with some caramel sweetness and more rum raisins. As for the booziness, it's here and it's noticeable.

Well I can certainly agree with the fact that one's enough for a couple different reasons. The first being it's 11% ABV but more importantly, the flavor is something that I just can't quite seem to dig. To be honest the raisin, boozy & dank mix of flavors is kind of off putting to me and just tastes weird.

I've mentioned a couple times before that the quality of Imperial IPAs start to go all over once the 10% threshold is crossed, at least in my experience. As bizarre as this may sound, had this been taken down a couple percentage points, this would've been awesome. As it stands right now, the overall flavor just isn't cutting it for me.

Revolution 1Z Enuff - 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment